Just last week we posted one of our favorite recipes: the Crunchy Clark Bar Cookies! They were such a hit that before moving on to another candy, we decided to create one more tasty recipe using the Clark Bar.
This week we created Clark Bar blondies! This treat is chewy and delicious, and you definitely won’t regret enjoying it with milk. Either frosted or unfrosted, these Clark Bar blondies will do the trick! YUM!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup (16 Tbsp) of unsalted butter
- 2 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 2 cups of chopped or crumbled Clark Bars
For buttercream frosting:
You can either purchase pre-made buttercream frosting or prepare it yourself with the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (8 Tbsp) of unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 2 large mixing bowls and 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 9×13 baking pan/dish
- mixer (stand or hand)
- cutting board
- sharp, cutting knife
- frosting/icing spreader
- baking pan spray
- Begin by pre-heating the oven for 350°F or slightly warmer to 375°F depending on the size and strength of your oven.
- In the medium sized mixing bowl, gently mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt, using the whisk. Set aside.
- In one of the large mixing bowls and using the mixer, mix the unsalted butter, the sugar and the brown sugar together until completely combined.
- Once this mix is combined, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Using the mixer, beat until all ingredients are completely combined. Be thorough in the mixing here to avoid clumps of unmixed ingredients.
- Gradually add in the mixed dry ingredients of the flour, baking soda and salt. Use the mixer at a lower setting during this step. This will be a slower, gradual process to mix the ingredients.
- On the cutting board, chop the Clark Bars up until they are your desired size. Again, Clark Bars often crumble when chopped, but these fragments add great crunch texture to your blondies!
- Using your hands stir in the pieces of Clark Bar. Here you can decide the desired amount of pieces to use. More pieces add crunch to the blondies.
- Spray the 9×13 baking pan with the baking spray or grease and lightly flour it.
- In the baking pan, spread your fully mixed ingredients until they form an even layer across the pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Be mindful of the time so as not to burn the blondies. However, do not take them out too soon because you do not want the inside of your blondies to be too gooey or sticky!
- Remove baking pan from oven and let cool at room temperature. Do not remove the blondies from the pan until they are completely cool. They will crumble easily if they aren’t set.
For buttercream frosting:
- If you choose to make your own frosting, in your second large mixing bowl, mix together the butter and vegetable shortening with the mixer until completely combined. This mixture should appear to be smooth, without clumps or obvious texture.
- Carefully add in the powdered sugar and mix until all ingredients are completely combined.
- When ready, spread the frosting on top of the completely cooled blondies.
- Using your hands, lightly sprinkle the remaining Clark Bar chopped pieces across the top of the frosting.
- Indulge! =)