The Clark Bar is one of NECCO’s most beloved candy bars. It’s a real milk chocolate candy bar filled with a real peanut butter crunch. It’s a candy classic and fans are so passionate about the flavor and the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
We love the Clark Bar so much we couldn’t resist making a recipe with it! So, get ready to indulge on some tasty cookies and beware these are dunking delights – perfect to eat with a cold glass of milk or a warm mug of coffee!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 and ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 & ¼ cups of peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 & ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 & ½ Theater Boxes of Clark Bar Minis or 2 Full Sized Clark Bars (or more if you love it crunchy!)
- parchment paper
- 1 or 2 flat cookie pans/sheets (depending on size of oven)
- 1 large and 1 medium mixing bowl
- mixer (stand or hand)
- measuring cup
- 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp , 1 tsp, and 1Tbsp measuring spoons
- cutting board
- sharp, chopping knife
- Begin by pre-heating the oven for 350°F or slightly warmer to 375°F depending on the size and strength of your oven.
- In the medium sized mixing bowl, gently mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt, using the whisk. Set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl, add the the sugar and the brown sugar. Then, add in the butter. Using the mixer, carefully cream the butter and sugars together until ingredients are completely combined, and there are no clumps of butter in the sugar. The end result should be a light mixture.
- Once this mixture is near-fluffy, add in the egg whites. Using the mixer, beat in the eggs until completely combined.
- In the same bowl, pour in the vanilla extract and the peanut butter. Again, use the mixer to completely mix all ingredients in the bowl until completely combined. Be thorough in the mixing here to avoid clumps of unmixed ingredients.
- Once this mix is ready, slowly add the flour/baking soda/salt mix from the medium sized bowl in increments to the mix. Use the mixer on a lower setting to thoroughly combine these ingredients. This will be a gradual process to complete mix ingredients.
- On the cutting board, chop the Clark Bars to your desired size of pieces. When cutting, the Clark Bars often crumble. Don’t worry; these smaller pieces add a great peanut butter crunchy flavor and texture to the cookies!
- Use your hands to add the Clark Bar pieces to the cookie dough mix. Gently kneed the pieces in to ensure even coverage in all the cookies.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, gently roll pieces of the dough into small balls. Ideal size is no larger than a golf ball, but as always you can make a giant super cookie with large sized balls if you’d like!
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper, and place the dough balls 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Pay close attention to the cookies to ensure they are not over-baked or burnt. Remove from oven when cookies appear golden brown.
- Add time if needed. Once golden brown, remove cookies from oven and set aside to cool completely. Do not remove cookies from parchment paper until completely cooled to avoid crumbling.
- After 5-10 minutes, feel free to move cookies onto a cooling rack or other plate to complete the cooling process.
- Indulge! =)
Cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.