Can you believe it’s Thanksgiving already? And before we know it, we’ll be rushing around picking up everything we need for the holidays. Many of us venture out the day after Thanksgiving, a day affectionately known as Black Friday, and try to scoop up as many gifting deals as possible. At NECCO, we couldn’t resist jumping in on the fun! In fact, we might be having the SWEETest Black Friday of them all!
We all know since it’s November that we have to deal with the biting cold, especially in the early hours of Black Friday as we repeatedly rush from the car to the store and to every subsequent shop. [Unless you're lucky to be in one of the warmer states, of course! =) ] To help deal with the temperature, we often imagine ourselves some where warmer and perhaps, even Tropical.
That’s why this Black Friday, on Twitter, we will be giving away FIVE cases (24 rolls in each one) of our newest, soon-to-be released candy: Tropical NECCO Wafers! It’s a bold and refreshing twist on our classic Assorted Wafers! The flavors included are Passion Fruit, Strawberry, Mango, Banana, Lime, and Coconut!
On our Twitter account @neccowafers (twitter.com/neccowafers) we will be hosting 5 random drawings, so be sure to check back to our Twitter account. You must be one of our followers to enter and be eligible to win. We will have 5 Drawing Periods and at the beginning minute of each hour, we will Tweet a message that you simply must ReTweet to be eligible for the giveaway!
The Drawing Periods (All times are Eastern Standard Time)
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Remember: Follow us @neccowafers, watch for our Tweet at the beginning of each Drawing Period, Retweet to enter, then get ready to forget the long lines at the store and the cold and experience a refreshing #TropicalChristmas! =)
Find the full Rules, Terms & Conditions here.
Are you rushing around trying to get everything together for Thanksgiving tomorrow? Looking for an easy, last-minute recipe to bring to the feast? Well we have a simple no-bake solution for you: Clark S’mores Bars! It’ll be a marshmallow-caramel-chocolate-y treat with the perfect hint of peanut butter that you won’t be able to resist! Perfect post-feast treat for everyone of all ages!
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 bag of caramel bits or 1 16 oz. tub of prepared caramel dip
- 12 oz. (1 standard sized bag) of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 box of honey graham crackers
- 2 theater boxes of Clark Bar Minis
- aluminum foil
- 9×9 baking pan
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- chopping knife and board
- large spoon or spatula
- Line the 9×9 baking pan with the aluminum foil. It should wrap over the sides as you’ll be adding several layers to this treat!
- Line the bottom of the pan with the graham crackers. Note: In order to line the entire pan, you will need to break or cut several of the crackers to fit.
- In the microwave in one of the microwave-safe bowls, melt the caramel in 15 second intervals until it is able to be completely stirred smoothly.
- Pour almost all of this melted caramel over the graham crackers. Use your spoon or spatula to make sure the graham crackers are covered completely so the additional layers will stick securely to the crackers. Leave a small amount of caramel for another thin layer.
- Evenly spread a layer of mini marshmallows on top of the caramel layer.
- Use the remaining caramel to lightly drizzle a layer over the marshmallows. Some of the marshmallows will melt slightly, this is okay! It helps create a gooey, delicious treat!
- In the second microwave-safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in 15 second intervals. Be sure to stir thoroughly so the chocolate does not burn!
- Pour this chocolate over the caramel & marshmallow layers. Use the spoon to create an even layer all the way across.
- On the cutting board, coarsely chop up the Clark Bars into chunks.
- Lightly sprinkle these across the top of the chocolate layer.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours or until completely set.
- Cut into bars when ready to serve.
- Indulge. Happy Thanksgiving! =)
Posted in Recipes, Thanksgiving
Tagged bars, caramel, chocolate, Clark Bar, dessert, graham crackers, marshmallows, mini marshmallows, NECCO, new england confectionery company, no bake, s'mores, Thanksgiving
Monday evening, NECCO had the pleasure of appearing as one of the select few vendors at EMARC’s 18th Annual Tucker Gala held at the lovely Peabody Marriot! EMARC is a wonderful charity organization which provides programs and support to both people with developmental disabilities and also their families. They strive to empower these individuals and help them build better lives.
We were extremely fortunate to have been invited to have a table right outside the ballroom at the event. Alongside many other local Massachusetts companies, we served treats to all of the wonderful attendees throughout the evening.
We brought a mix of our many candies, from Sky Bar to Slap Stix to NECCO Wafers and most everything in between! Throughout the night, the guests shared wonderful stories about their lifetime experiences with NECCO candies. It was a pleasure to be greeted frequently with bright smiles and happy memories!
While we reminded guests that we proudly still make all of their childhood favorites like Mary Janes and Candy Buttons, we also took this time to introduce some new NECCO initiatives!
To satisfy each attendee’s sweet tooth, we brought along one of our newest candies: Tropical NECCO Wafers. It was so great to see the excitement that the not-yet-released candy created as guests reacted to the bold, fruity flavors. We even had several repeat customers come back to our table for a second [and third ] sample! We cannot wait for all of our fans to get to try them soon!
In addition to our Tropical NECCO Wafers, we also brought along some samples of our classic assorted NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts… but with a catch. =) These particular candies had some extra special text printed on them, such as “Tucker Gala” and “Emarc,” to display our newest venture: customized candies!! In one week, on November 12th, we will be launching a new web-store exclusively for customizing NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts with both print and some imagery: a perfect gift for so many occasions. More info will be released soon; we are very excited!
Again, we were so happy to participate in EMARC’s Tucker Gala, a time honored tradition which benefits such a wonderful organization that positively impacts our community through its hard work and caring initiatives. We are fortunate to have a relationship with this organization, and we are looking forward to the future!
Posted in Events
Tagged Banana Splits, Clark Bar, custom candy, EMARC, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, nostalgia, Sky Bar, Slap Stix, Tropical NECCO Wafers, Tucker Gala
We hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween! As we begin a new month, we all need a moment to step back and indulge before we begin tackling our to-do list. And right now you’re just four easy ingredients away from a sweet that will help you do that. There’s no baking involved so you can relax just a little as you get ready to indulge! If you’re looking for a way to use up some of those yummy Clark Bars you received last night and start off November on the sweet foot, take a chance on this CLARK BARK recipe! With bark, the fun is in the irregularity, so you can have a blast making these simple treats into whatever your creative baking heart desires!
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- ½ cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 theater boxes of Clark Bar Minis
- wax paper
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small mixing bowl (cupcakes)
- 3 sauce pans
- chopping knife and board
- measuring cup
- 2 large spoons
- Line the baking sheet with a layer of wax paper.
- Fill one of the sauce pans with water and bring to a low boil over heat.
- Once the water is boiling, Pour the semisweet chocolate chips into a second sauce pan. Place this pan over the boiling pan to create a double boiler.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. The chocolate will begin to melt rapidly, so begin stirring with the large spoon immediately and consistently to prevent burning.
- When the chocolate is melted and smooth, add in the peanut butter and mix well together until both are completely melted and combined.
- Remove this pan from the boiler.
- Pour this melted mixture onto the wax paper lined baking sheet. Try to keep a consistent level of depth. However, this is one of the best parts about bark is its free range for baking creativity!
- Pour the white chocolate chips into the third sauce pan. Place this pan over the boiling pan.
- Again, begin to immediately stir the chocolate with a second large spoon to prevent burning.
- When completely melted, remove this pan from heat and then pour the melted white chocolate onto the melted chocolate and peanut butter mix on the baking sheet.
- Use the spoon to stir the two chocolate melts together until you achieve your desired level of blend and design.
- Chop the Clark Bar Minis on the chopping board. Sprinkle the fragments and crumbs over the melted mix on the baking sheet. Be creative here and add as much as you like! You can even press some of the larger Clark Bar chunks deeper into the chocolate.
- Place the entire baking sheet into the refrigerator to set for at least one hour. It is often best to leave it overnight. Note: do NOT remove the chocolate mix from the wax paper until set or you’ll have a gooey mess on your hands!
- You will know when the chocolate has set as it will peel itself completely from the wax paper. Once this occurs, you can break the bark into as many pieces and different shapes as you like! Bark is intended to be free form!
- Indulge! =)
Clark Bark can be stored in an air-tight container.
Posted in Recipes
Tagged baking, bark, candy, chocolate, Clark Bar, Clark Bar Minis, dessert, food, NECCO, new england confectionery company, peanut butter, white chocolate