During this loving season, many of us are looking for treats to make our celebration with our loved ones extra special. With a quick and easy no-bake recipe, Sweethearts Bark will satisfy both the sugar and chocolate lover! This sweet snack is great for the creative baker and will be perfect to indulge upon yourself or to surprise your sweetie this Valentine’s Day season!
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Red food coloring
- Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles (optional)
- Sweethearts ®
- Medium sauce pan
- Parchment paper
- Flat baking sheet
- Two (2) large glass mixing bowls
- Line your baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- Fill the sauce pan with water in the medium sauce pan to a slight boil over medium heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, pour the semisweet chocolate chips into one of the mixing bowls. Place this bowl over the boiling pan to create a double boiler.
- The chocolate begins to melt rapidly, so begin stirring instantly after placing the glass bowl over the sauce pan to prevent burning.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove the bowl from the sauce pan. Pour this melted mixture onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet trying to keep an even layer throughout.
- Place this layer into the refrigerator for 30 mins-1 hour to allow the chocolate to set. Remove from the refrigerator after this time, so the surface can become tacky and allow the two chocolate layers to stick to one another.
- Bring the water in the sauce pan to a boil again, and fill the second mixing bowl with the white chocolate chips. Turn the heat down and begin stirring instantly as white chocolate is more likely to seize up if heated too quickly at high temperatures.
- Once the white chocolate is melted and smooth, remove the bowl from the pan and add 2-3 drops of red food coloring. Stir thoroughly to spread the color throughout until it is a light pink. Too much food coloring will cause the white chocolate to seize and clump.
- Pour this melted white chocolate onto the chocolate layer on the parchment paper.
- Quickly press in Sweethearts in any manner throughout this top layer and add any additional Valentine’s Day baking sprinkles you desire.
- Place the entire baking sheet back into the refrigerator for both layers to set completely for at least one hour. It is often best to leave it overnight.
- You will know when the chocolate has set as it will peel itself completely from the wax paper. Once this occurs, you can break the bark into as many pieces and different shapes as you like!