What more delicious way to celebrate the changing of the seasons is there than indulging in some freshly baked cookies? Stumped? Don’t worry. We’re not sure if there’s an answer to that either! =)
Today we’ll share with you an easy recipe using one of our favorite pop-able sweets: Haviland Real Chocolate Double Dipped Peanuts! This creation will make your taste buds smile and have you reaching for a cold, refreshing glass of milk! We just can’t resist baking with these Haviland Double Dipped Peanuts as their real chocolate and peanut crunch make them the perfect ingredient in nearly every recipe. So, today we bring you a recipe that creates a blend of peanut, chocolate and marshmallow that is simply irresistible!
So before you dive into your spring cleaning, whip up these yummy treats and take a moment to enjoy!
- 1 & ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 large whole egg
- ½ cup (8 Tbsp) of unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 4 oz. of marshmallow creme spread
- Haviland Double Dipped Chocolate Covered Peanuts
- parchment paper
- 1 or 2 flat cookie pans/sheets (depending on size of oven)
- 1 large and 1 medium mixing bowl
- mixer (stand or hand)
- measuring cup
- ¼ tsp,½ tsp , 1 tsp, and 1 Tbsp measuring spoons
- Begin by pre-heating the oven for 350°F or slightly warmer to 375°F depending on the size and strength of your oven.
- In the medium mixing bowl, gently mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt, using the whisk. Set aside.
- In the large sized mixing bowl, use the mixer to blend together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until completely combined and smooth.
- Add in the egg to the large mixing bowl and blend with the mixer until it is a light, fluffy consistency. Repeat with the vanilla extract.
- Once this mix is ready, slowly add the flour/baking soda/salt mix from the medium sized bowl in increments to the mix. Use the mixer on a lower setting to thoroughly combine these ingredients. This will be a gradual process to complete mix ingredients.
- There are many methods to filling the dough with the Double Dipped Peanuts and marshmallow creme, so feel free to improvise! We used our hands to roll the dough into at least golf-ball sized balls (these cookies often work best if they are made larger!) and then pressed our thumbs into the center to hollow them out.
- Then, we dipped a few of the peanuts into the marshmallow creme, coating them completely and placed them in the hollowed center of the dough. Close the dough around the peanuts completely. More Double Dipped Peanuts can be added throughout the dough for more chocolatey peanut crunch! =)
- Again, improvise and make changes where you want. This recipe is great for that! Want more marshmallow creme? Add it on in! A couple extra Double Dipped Peanuts? You got it! Have fun!
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper, and place the dough balls 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (judge if more time is needed). Pay close attention to the cookies to ensure they are not over-baked or burnt. Remove from oven when cookie edges appear golden brown.
- Once golden brown, remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, move cookies from parchment paper to a cooling rack. Don’t do this too soon or your cookies will crumble.
- Indulge! =)
Cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.