Halloween is a magical holiday for the little ones. It captivates their imagination and is filled with exciting activities and of course, candy. In celebration of this spooky season, we’ve created a quick fun craft that your kids will love using our most classic sweet: NECCO Wafers!
Grab a few supplies and get to making these cute little pumpkins and ghosts that your kids will love to hide in all corners of the house to scare and surprise everyone!
- Glue sticks
- Black permanent marker
- White construction or printer paper 8″x11″
- Orange construction paper 8″x11″
- Jr. NECCO Wafers (Make sure they’re Jr. sized, not full-sized. The smaller they are the more pumpkin & ghost-like they look!)
- Take one Jr. NECCO Wafer roll and size it length-wise on the orange construction paper. Leave at least ¾” additional paper for the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut the orange construction paper into a strip at the marked length in step 1. Cut as many strips as pumpkins that you’d like to make.
- Wrap the strip of orange construction paper around the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll and cut it so that it closes neatly with only a small overlap.
- Line up the paper so that one edge meets the edge of the roll. You will want the overhang on one end only so as to to twist and make your pumpkin top.
- Glue the orange strip to the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll using the glue stick. Glue the end of the strip to itself at the overlap to make sure it stays secure.
- Twist the overhang into a pumpkin top. (Freestyle!)
- Draw on your silly jack-0-lantern face!
- Cut the white paper into long thin strips about ½” thick. These will be your Mummy wrappings. Cut as many as you’d like. Each Mummy should only require one strip.
- Place glue on one end of the strip and secure to the bottom edge of the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll. Wrap the strip around the roll in an uneven fashion, aiming to look like a Mummy’s wraps.
- Glue the other end of the strip to the roll. It does not need to be glued throughout as the moving loose strip in the middle makes it more Mummy-like!
- Draw on your best eery Mummy face!
- Get to spookin’! =)