Recently on our Facebook, one of our awesome fans made an ingenious dessert suggestion upon seeing a post about one of our favorite classic chews: Squirrel Nut Zippers!
If you’re looking to unwind and indulge, try this sweet treat! Just grab your favorite flavor of ice cream. (Vanilla creates for a delicious flavorful blend, but some other great choices include: chocolate, coffee, caramel or any taste you’d love to blend with peanuts!) Nothing sweeter on a hot summer day than a refreshingly cold ice cream cone with your own homemade ice cream topping made from your favorite NECCO chew! You’re going to love this delicious peanuty indulgence!
- your favorite flavor of ice cream
- Squirrel Nut Zippers
- In a double boiler, melt the Squirrel Nut Zippers. About 15 will yield 1/4 cup of topping.
- Pour into a serving boat or small pitcher.
- Let cool so as not to melt the ice cream. Do not let cool completely, as it will start to harden and set back into its candy form.
- Scoop yourself a big bowl of vanilla ice cream.
- Pour the melted Squirrel Nut Zipper topping over your ice cream.
- Add some whole Squirrel Nut Zippers, sprinkles, whipped cream or your other favorite topping.
- Indulge on this yummy summer treat! =)