Can you believe we’re already half way through January!? That means we have our eyes (and our sweet tooth) focused on one of our favorite days of the year: Valentine’s Day! It’s a special time of year when we are surrounded by sweet reminders of the love we have for one another. Kids especially love jumping in on the fun of both decorating and sharing sweet gifts with their friends and family. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, here’s a very quick and fun craft for you and your kids to have fun with in order to decorate your house for this wonderful loving season! Enjoy!
- Regular white squeeze glue
- Heavy duty card stock
- Two circular objects for tracing the inner and outer rings of the wreath (ex. the lid of a peanut butter jar)
- Your ribbon of choice
- Trace around the two circular objects on the heavy duty card stock, one circle inside the other, creating the wreath ring shape.
- Cut out the wreath. If your card stock is not sturdy, you can opt to trace a second wreath ring and glue the two together.
- Line up the Sweethearts before you begin gluing them to ensure a more organized fit and distribution of colors.
- Using the squeeze white glue, glue the Sweethearts onto the wreath one by one. Press them firmly down onto the card stock and hold for several seconds to ensure they stick.
- Let dry completely or else the Sweethearts will either shift or begin to fall off when applying the ribbon.
- Cut the ribbon of your choice to your desired length. Wrap it around one section of the wreath for sturdiness in hanging. Tie a knot at the top and hang your beautiful Valentine’s Day creation! =)