It’s back to school time! Now that all the kids are off to their annual schedules of academics and extra-curricular activities, sometimes it’s fun to reward them with something special and sweet for all their hard work and energy. One of our fans told they spiced up traditional sugar cookies by adding some of our Clark Bites! So, of course, we had to try it for ourselves!
Though our cookies came out in some seriously crazy shapes (oops, baking fail!), the taste was simply unbeatable! Deliciously sweet sugar cookies with hints of creamy chocolate and peanut butter mixed throughout is a truly tasty dessert! It works both with chopped up Clark Bar or Clark Bites. So, grab your ingredients and whip up these Clark Sugar Cookies to treat your little one (or yourself! After all, you deserve it too! )
- 2 & ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- Clark Bars or Clark Bites (your preference!)
- parchment paper
- 1 or 2 flat cookie sheets
- measuring cup and measuring spoons
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F or slightly warmer to 375°F depending on the size and strength of your oven.
- In the medium mixing bowl, gently whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl, use the mixer to blend together the sugar and the butter. The speed best used is medium-high, and it should be beat until the mixture is completely blended and has a fluffier texture to it. You want to blend until there are no clumps.
- Add the two large eggs, one at a time, into the large mixing bowl, and again using the mixer beat until the eggs are completely blended.
- Once this is completely combined, blend in the vanilla extract until completely combined. Thoroughly mix to avoid clumps of ingredients.
- Once ready, gradually stir in the dry mixture from the medium mixing bowl in increments to the mix. On a low speed, use the mixer to blend until ingredients are just combined.
- Line the baking sheets with parchment paper and place the golf-ball sized portions of cookie dough on the sheets at least two inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges begin to become golden brown. It’s important to note that they won’t look like fully baked cookies at this time, just slightly golden and set.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool completely. (A wire cooling rack works great!)
- Enjoy your special treat! =)