Even though the weather outside might not feel like it, Spring is here! This time of the year is one of our favorites because of the wonderful arrival of the Easter candy aisle! =) In honor of such a sweet-tooth excitement, we decided it’s time to bust out some of our favorite NECCO Easter candies and incorporate them into as many Springtime recipes as we can!
Today’s recipe brings you a warm, chewy treat that you’ll love to snack on and share throughout this cheerful season! This delight takes the beloved dessert classic, yummy chocolate chip cookies, and adds in a sweet, crunchy twist, our Mighty Malts Mini Speckled Malted Milk Eggs! So don’t be afraid to head to the kitchen with a mission for deliciousness! Then, grab a glass of milk and settle down with some friends and family to indulge on these delectable desserts!
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Mighty Malts Mini Speckled Malted Milk Eggs
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- wooden mixing spoon
- mixer (stand or hand)
- chopping knife
- parchment paper
- flat cookie sheet
- wire cooling rack
- Begin by pre-heating the oven for 350°F or slightly warmer to 375°F depending on the size and strength of your oven.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In your medium mixing bowl, use the whisk to stir together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar and butter together with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract into the large mixing bowl. Use the mixer to blend this mixture until the consistency is well blended and creamy.
- Gradually add the dry mixture from the medium mixing bowl into the large mixing bowl and use the mixer to blend until you have a light, fluffy mixture.
- Use the wooden mixing spoon to gently stir in the chocolate ships until spread consistently throughout the dough.
- Use your knife to chop the Mighty Malts Mini Speckled Malted Milk Eggs into halves and quarter pieces. Use the wooden mixing spoon again to gently mix these pieces throughout your cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into golf ball-sized balls [or slightly larger depending on how big you like your cookie! =)] and place onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet at least 2-3 inches apart. Leaving ample room between the cookie dough balls is key as these cookies will expand a bit as they bake!
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until you notice the edges of the cookies start to turn golden brown.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet prior to moving them, so they do not crumble. Once cooled, transfer them onto the wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Indulge! =)
Cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.