What’s better than a cookie you ask? Two cookies. What’s better than two cookies you wonder? Well, the answer is a cookie sandwich! =)
Our decadent Haviland Thin Mints provide the filling on this indulgent chocolatey delight, and we used a pre-made brownie mix to make these cookie sandwiches irresistibly fudgey and chewy.
These little desserts will be perfect for entertaining or for treating yourself! =) With a mouth-watering chocolate flavor, accented by a hint of mint, this is one NECCO-inspired treat you just can’t miss!
- Boxed Brownie Mix (18.3 Oz)
- 2 large whole eggs
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- up to 1 tsp of water (optional)
- Haviland Thin Mints (You choose the flavor: Original, Orange or Raspberry!)
- parchment paper
- 1 or 2 flat cookie pans/sheets (depending on size of oven)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- mixer (stand or hand)
- measuring cup
- 1 tsp
- cooling rack
- Begin by pre-heating the oven for 350°F or slightly warmer to 375°F depending on the size and strength of your oven.
- In the large mixing bowl, gently mix together the Boxed Brownie Mix and the flour, using the whisk.
- Add in the 2 eggs and the vegetable oil and beat together using the mixer until completely combined.
- As you see fit, add small increments of water to help reduce the thickness and stickiness of the batter. Water can be left out completely. This is purely optional and open to your sweet tooth interpretation!
- It’s often best to chill the batter for 30 minutes before you begin baking, but this is optional. Chilled batter is easier to form into more precise shapes on the cookie sheet.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into golf ball or slightly larger sized balls (you can flatten them slightly) and place onto the sheet at least 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until the edges are beginning to harden. Remove these from the oven, and allow to cool.
- After the brownie cookies have begun to set but are still warm, take two cookies and place a Haviland Thin Mint (or two or three!) in between them and press together gently to melt the mints and create your cookie sandwiches!
- Cool on a cooling rack until chocolate and filling sets.
- Indulge! =)
Cookie sandwiches can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.