As we all know, we are right in the thick of the holiday season. It’s a crazy time spent rushing around to get everything done before the holiday celebrations and the chaos of the end of the year. The same can be said for us at NECCO, and on top of that, we’re even getting started on the Sweethearts rush of Valentine’s Day! Even though we are busy as can be, we couldn’t resist the chance to decorate our offices and spread some happy holiday cheer! Take a look at our festive Christmas decorations, many that we made using the wrappers from our candies! Check out our Candy Buttons garland & candy ornaments! Too much fun not to share with you all; we just love this wonderful time of year! =)
We’re excited to announce a special Valentine’s Day opening of our Candy Store at our World Headquarters! We will be selling some of our holiday favorites such as Sweethearts, Haviland Thin Mints, and Dark Chocolate Nonpareils in addition to our favorite classics like NECCO Wafers, Mary Janes, Sky Bars and Clark Bars!
There will even be a fill your own Valentine’s Day treat bag candy buffet – the perfect nostalgic surprise for your sweetie! [Or special treat for yourself! ;-)]
DATES: Monday February 10th – Friday February 14th
LOCATION: NECCO World Headquarters
135 American Legion Highway, Revere, MA
TIME: Daily, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
If you’re in the area, make sure to stop by this special limited opening and stock up on all your NECCO favorites! We hope to see you this week! =)
Can you believe we’re already half way through January!? That means we have our eyes (and our sweet tooth) focused on one of our favorite days of the year: Valentine’s Day! It’s a special time of year when we are surrounded by sweet reminders of the love we have for one another. Kids especially love jumping in on the fun of both decorating and sharing sweet gifts with their friends and family. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, here’s a very quick and fun craft for you and your kids to have fun with in order to decorate your house for this wonderful loving season! Enjoy!
- Regular white squeeze glue
- Heavy duty card stock
- Two circular objects for tracing the inner and outer rings of the wreath (ex. the lid of a peanut butter jar)
- Your ribbon of choice
- Trace around the two circular objects on the heavy duty card stock, one circle inside the other, creating the wreath ring shape.
- Cut out the wreath. If your card stock is not sturdy, you can opt to trace a second wreath ring and glue the two together.
- Line up the Sweethearts before you begin gluing them to ensure a more organized fit and distribution of colors.
- Using the squeeze white glue, glue the Sweethearts onto the wreath one by one. Press them firmly down onto the card stock and hold for several seconds to ensure they stick.
- Let dry completely or else the Sweethearts will either shift or begin to fall off when applying the ribbon.
- Cut the ribbon of your choice to your desired length. Wrap it around one section of the wreath for sturdiness in hanging. Tie a knot at the top and hang your beautiful Valentine’s Day creation! =)
Introducing new for Valentine’s Day this year: Color Your Own Sweethearts! This exciting new product will be sure to be a favorite treat for all Sweethearts lovers. They come in the original Sweethearts flavors of Lemon, Strawberry, Green Apple, Blue Raspberry, Grape, and Orange and are printed with the classic affectionate sayings you love so much!
These Sweethearts have exciting boxes that feature adorable black and white designs, made for your little ones to color using their creative imagination!
And what’s more exciting than just a fun activity and your favorite sweets? How about a contest!? Our youngest fans, ages 5-12, can submit a photo of their best coloring creation to our Color Your Own Sweethearts Coloring Contest for a chance to win some pretty sweet prizes!!
General Contest Details
- Open to three age groups: 5-7 years old; 8-10 years old; 11-12 years old
- Children can color the Color Your Own Sweethearts box and submit a photo of their beautiful creation to NECCO via our online contest entry page (http://necco.com/coloryourown.aspx)
- All submissions must be made by a parent or legal guardian; no entries will be accepted directly from a minor
- Grand Prize (One from each age group, 3 in total): ONE (1) $1,000 Savings Bond Certificate and the opportunity to have their own personal phrase appear on a Sweethearts candy for the 2015 Valentine’s Day Season!
- Runner Up Prize (One from each age group, 3 in total): a big NECCO goodie bag filled with yummy NECCO candies!
Find the full Contest Rules on the Color Your Own Sweethearts Contest entry page here: http://necco.com/coloryourown.aspx!
To find Color Your Own Sweethearts in store check your local Michaels, Old Navy, Walgreens, and Target as well as many other grocery stores and candy shops!
There’s no doubt your kids will love this fun way to enjoy one of their most classic favorite Valentine’s Day treats. So grab some crayons, and let their imagination run wild! We can’t wait to see everyone’s entries! =)
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, from Monday 2/11 until Valentine’s Day on Thursday, we opened our candy store at our World Headquarters in Revere, MA! Guests who visited were able to pick from a great selection of Valentine’s Day favorites, such as the legendary Sweethearts, and also all of our favorite classic everyday sweets such as Clark Bars, Mary Janes and Sky Bars!
There was even a NECCO Wafer Wall! All three kinds of NECCO Wafers were available, Assorted, Chocolate and our newest twist on the classic: Tropical NECCO Wafers, which has new fruity flavors: Strawberry, Mango, Banana, Coconut, Passion Fruit and Lime!
Guests also had the opportunity to create their own mix, choosing from mini items such as Squirrel Nut Zippers, Mint Juleps, Mary Janes, mini Slap Stix, Banana Splits and Jr. Rolls of NECCO Wafers! They could fill a takeout box to with their desired combo of these sweets.
The store was filled with smiles and laughs from customers, especially the children, as they stuffed their boxes to the brim (some had it overflowing!) and bounced from corner to corner in the store gushing over the chance to buy some candy!
We can not thank our awesome fans that came to the Candy Store enough! Everyone had an overwhelmingly positive attitude, sharing stories about their favorite NECCO memories, and all were excited to stock up on their favorite sweets. The NECCO love was abundant, and it made us happy to be able to serve our supportive community!
In fact, many guests left with full shopping bags whose contents looked like this!
We had a wonderful week interacting with our loyal local supporters. In the end, though our week was shortened by the blizzard that was Winter Storm Nemo, we still managed to raise $1000 for Room to Grow!! Take a second to head to their website and find out more about this wonderful organization that is dedicated to enriching the lives of those born into poverty up until three years of age.
The following week we stopped by Room to Grow and dropped off a sweet surprise along with our donation! We’re so excited to be able to assist a group tat is making such a positive impact on our community that we couldn’t resist personalizing some Sweethearts from our new custom candy venture on MyNecco.com!