As spring slowly makes its way here, many of us are excitedly planning (and attending) fun parties, showers, birthdays, weddings and other events. Many of us are looking for ways to make these occasions extra special for both us and our gracious guests.
At MyNecco.com, you can personalize two of our most beloved classic candies: Sweethearts and NECCO Wafers! You can choose your own custom names, sayings, dates, and other phrases to appear on these candies!
Custom NECCO candy will be the perfect favor for any event and will add a sweet personal touch that will be hard to forget and will surely have your guests buzzing over how special this token was!
The process is just four easy steps:
- Select which type of candy you want: NECCO Wafers or Sweethearts.
- Select which colors you want. We provide you a flavor guide, so you know how your treats will taste!
- Include your personal message.
- Select your quantity and order!
If you’re DIY focused or simply want to create something unique and special for your event, be sure to head over to MyNecco.com and place your order today to make it truly unforgettable!
Posted in MyNECCO
Tagged birthday, candy, crafting, custom candy, diy, DIY wedding, favors, gifts, love, MyNecco, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, personalize, personalized, Sweethearts, unique favors, wedding DIY, wedding favors
The season of love is upon us, and many of us are searching around for craft ideas which will help spread the loving spirit. Today we bring to you a quick DIY project that both you and your little ones will love, using our legendary Sweethearts candies! This craft is quick, easy and inexpensive to create! With a few supplies, you’ll be able to add a Sweet touch to your home for the Valentine’s Day season!
- Clear gel glue
- Sturdy 8”x11” picture frame with removable back
- Colored construction paper 8”x11” (optional)
- Sweethearts ®
- Remove the back of the picture frame and place aside. You can choose to reapply it later if you wish.
- Flip the picture frame so that the open back is facing upwards and the glass is exposed. It is often best to wipe the glass free of dust prior to gluing!
- Take your Sweethearts and place them in tight lines, forming your heart shape. Make sure the text side of each candy is also facing upward. This step helps you keep your shape and spacing even throughout the gluing process.
- Place a small drop of glue on the plain side of the Sweetheart. (Glue will cause the print to run, so it is best if the plain side is used.)
- Carefully push the Sweetheart onto the glass and hold firmly for 5-10 seconds. Try not to move the candy around on the glass. However, it is okay if the glue spreads a little as it will dry clear and unnoticeable.
- Repeat Step 4 & 5 for each Sweetheart you have lined up in the heart formation.
- You can replace the back with colored construction paper or simply opt to hang it with no back and have the paint on your wall show through.
- Enjoy your holiday décor!
Posted in Crafts, MyNECCO, Valentine's Day
Tagged candy, conversation hearts, crafting, diy, home, love, NECCO, new england confectionery company, Sweethearts, valentine s day, Valentine's Day
On Sunday, NECCO attended The Shops at Prudential Center‘s PRU BOO. Families filled The Prudential Center, many fully dressed in costume, for a fun-filled day of trick-or-treating, holiday crafts and loads of Halloween excitement!
Children could trick-or-treat from store to store, stocking up on irresistible NECCO Sweets. All of the proceeds raised from trick-or-treat bag sales went directly to benefit the Room to Grow charity, an organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of children born into poverty during their first three years of development.
NECCO was proud to participate in such a positive community event alongside many other wonderful local organizations. Zipcar Boston was also a big part of PRU BOO. One of their Fiats were on display. An artist even took some of our NECCO candies (NECCO Wafers, Mary Janes and Candy Buttons) and decorated the tiny car! Talk about a SWEET ride!
We were very excited to not only provide candy for the little ones but to also participate in some of the crafting fun! We had a booth set up at the Food Court to greet the little princesses, super heroes, critters, and all of the other costumed cuties running around the Pru.
Guests were invited to take some of our spare NECCO Wafers and glue them onto colorful construction paper or onto a pumpkin template. The result was hours full of smiles, laughs and some amazingly creative designs! [Oh, and a little bit of a mess too... but that's how you know you had a great time, right? ]
One of our little friends made this beautiful, colorful creation! She took her time to perfectly place each NECCO Wafer until she created her masterpiece!
We even had a happy pumpkin made for us! Now just look at that Jack-o-Lantern smile!
A few ghosts made appearances as well!
And one of favorite creations was this amazing NECCO Wafer bat! It was an awesome display of creativity from an amazing young artist!
In the end, PRU BOO was a major success. It was an honor to not only be a part of a day filled with Halloween fun but also connect with our community in the Boston area. We cannot wait to continue this in the future!
We hope you’re not afraid of spiders! Here’s yet another awesome NECCO Wafer Halloween decoration that will be so much fun to add to your celebration! With a few easy steps with barely any supplies, you’ll be on your way to a truly creepy creation that will be sure to freak out some of your guests! =)
- construction paper – any color you’d desire your web to be
- black construction paper – for the spider legs
- glue stick
- black permanent marker
- NECCO Wafers – licorice (black) or other flavors depending on what color spiders you’d desire! =)
Take a piece of construction paper of any color you’d like and fold over one corner diagonally so that it lines up perfectly with the side. You will have about 2.5″ of excess at the bottom. Note: be sure to create a hard, crisp crease. It will help later during the cutting stage.
Cut off the excess.
Fold this triangle in half, splitting the right angle in half. Create another hard, crisp crease along this fold as well.
Turn the paper so that the top point seen above is pointing downward. Fold the right half section inward and then follow it by folding the left half section over the right section. Again create sharp creases as it will help later with cutting. Note: this is the most difficult step and make take a few tries to fold evenly into 3 sections.
Cut straight across at the top, removing the two exposed folded corners at the top. This will result in a triangle.
Cut the top edge of this triangle in a groove like manner. This will create the spikey outer edges of your spider web.
Cutting ONLY FROM THE RIGHT SIDE (this is important), cut strips using an every other pattern. Cut to the left, leaving enough paper that will allow for the spider web’s seams. You can cut as many as strips out as you’d like!
Slowly begin to unfold it. If folded and cut correctly, you will see seams like this indicating that you did not cut any of the grooves completely off.
Unfold the web carefully so not to tear it. You can leave it under a heavy object for a short period of time to flatten it out more completely.
To make the spiders, simply take licorice (black) NECCO Wafers and using a black permanent marker draw two dots for the eyes. Then using black construction paper cut out 8 legs of varying bends and lengths. You can then glue or tape these to the back side of the NECCO Wafer. Tape these completed spiders onto the web, and you are finished!
Enjoy your spooky gathering! =)
If you’re brave enough to host a Halloween party at your house, you know you must be prepared to deal with some of the messy consequences! We realize this and want to give you a fun, quick DIY project that will give you some added festive decor while also preventing some of the messy chaos that will surely ensue.
Today we show you how to whip up some NECCO Wafers coasters!! This simple craft will add a pop of Halloween color to your tables and help keep guests from leaving those dreaded rings on the coffee table! In no time you’ll have enough coasters to fill your living room for your spooky party and the possibility of creating more coasters with new colors as the seasons change!
- white (or black) card stock paper
- heavy duty glue stick/glue bottle
- extra decorative items like glitter
- Orange and Licorice (black) NECCO Wafers
- 16 per coaster (8 orange, 8 Licorice [black])
- Use the ruler to measure out a 4″ x 4″ square on the card stock paper.
- Cut out as many of these squares as you will be making coasters of. Note: the 4″ x 4″ is slightly larger than the space the NECCO Wafers will cover.
- Using the glue stick cover the card stock square. It is easiest to usually do this row by row as you place the NECCO Wafers so the glue does not dry too quickly.
- Beginning at the corner edge, cover the flat back side of the NECCO Wafer with the glue and place 4 of them in alternating colors. You will want to glue them down so that the edges are touching one another as this will help to add stability to the coaster.
- Continue row by row alternating the starting color so you create a checkered pattern.
- Trim the excess card stock around the edges with the scissors as you see fit.
- You can stop here if you’re satisfied or continue on decorating to the limits of your creative imagination!
- A great idea would be to add additional glue in the gaps between the NECCO Wafers and then sprinkle a little glitter. You want to be careful to keep the layer of glitter to a minimum so it sticks and won’t fly off onto your guests if moved.
- Enjoy your spooky gathering!! =)
We’re midway through October, and everyone has their sights set on Halloween. During these last two weeks of the months, many parents will be scrambling around planning last minute details of their children’s Halloween parties. They’ll be looking for any and every ghost, witch, zombie (and so on) themed accent to add to the celebration’s decor.
One of the least decorated spots is usually the candy/snack table, likely because the sweets will be gone before you even know it! However, we have a quick and simple craft to dress up one of your sweets for the party in a way that will surely get some smiles and laughs out of the little ones!
Get ready to make some Sky Bar Mummies! It will take you no time to fill your table with some mummified sweets and add the perfect touch to your Halloween celebration!
- Black construction paper
- box of small googly eyes
- white crepe paper/streamer that is thin in width
- glue stick
- Sky Bars
- Cut black construction paper into rectangles. Their width will be slightly less than that of the Sky Bar and approximately 1 inch in height.
- Using the glue stick, glue two googly eyes onto the black rectangle and let dry completely. Press down on the googly eyes to ensure the glue dries completely and securely.
- Position the Sky Bar so it is vertical, and then glue the paper with googly eyes onto the front of the Sky Bar. You will want to glue it approximately a quarter of the way down from the top of the bar.
- Cut a strip of white crepe paper to about 72 inches in length.
- Glue one end of the paper strip to the bottom of the Sky Bar. You can place it above the sealed flap.
- Wrap the paper strip around the Sky Bar until it is covered. Be sure to not wrap to tightly or the extremely delicate crepe paper will tear as you wrap/move the Sky Bar. Don’t forget to leave space for the googly eyes to poke out!
- Glue down the end of the strip once you’ve finished wrapping.
- Once the wrap is secure, if you choose, you can tuck back the edges surrounding the eyes so they are more visible.
- Repeat for the remaining Sky Bars.
- Have a spooky fun time!