Halloween is a magical holiday for the little ones. It captivates their imagination and is filled with exciting activities and of course, candy. In celebration of this spooky season, we’ve created a quick fun craft that your kids will love using our most classic sweet: NECCO Wafers!
Grab a few supplies and get to making these cute little pumpkins and ghosts that your kids will love to hide in all corners of the house to scare and surprise everyone!
- Glue sticks
- Black permanent marker
- White construction or printer paper 8″x11″
- Orange construction paper 8″x11″
- Jr. NECCO Wafers (Make sure they’re Jr. sized, not full-sized. The smaller they are the more pumpkin & ghost-like they look!)
- Take one Jr. NECCO Wafer roll and size it length-wise on the orange construction paper. Leave at least ¾” additional paper for the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut the orange construction paper into a strip at the marked length in step 1. Cut as many strips as pumpkins that you’d like to make.
- Wrap the strip of orange construction paper around the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll and cut it so that it closes neatly with only a small overlap.
- Line up the paper so that one edge meets the edge of the roll. You will want the overhang on one end only so as to to twist and make your pumpkin top.
- Glue the orange strip to the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll using the glue stick. Glue the end of the strip to itself at the overlap to make sure it stays secure.
- Twist the overhang into a pumpkin top. (Freestyle!)
- Draw on your silly jack-0-lantern face!
- Cut the white paper into long thin strips about ½” thick. These will be your Mummy wrappings. Cut as many as you’d like. Each Mummy should only require one strip.
- Place glue on one end of the strip and secure to the bottom edge of the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll. Wrap the strip around the roll in an uneven fashion, aiming to look like a Mummy’s wraps.
- Glue the other end of the strip to the roll. It does not need to be glued throughout as the moving loose strip in the middle makes it more Mummy-like!
- Draw on your best eery Mummy face!
- Get to spookin’! =)
Posted in Crafts, Halloween
Tagged Boston, candy, crafting, crafts with kids, diy, ghosts, Halloween, Halloween Candy, Halloween crafts, holidays, jack o lanterns, mummys, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, nostalgia, pumpkins
Want to make this Mother’s Day extra special? Give your mom a sweet surprise this year with personalized candy at MyNecco.com!
You can personalize both NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts with your own text! You can include your mom’s name, an expression of love & appreciation or a personal message that is commemorates your special relationship.
Skip the potted plants, the gift cards, the generic candles and the bottle of questionable perfume and get her something unique this year! Express your love and heartfelt appreciation with a personal gift that she will never forget! [And will enjoy indulging on too! ]
Posted in Mother's Day, MyNECCO
Tagged custom candy, diy, gift for mom, gifting, gifts, holidays, love, mom, mom's day, Mother's Day, MyNecco, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, personalize, personalized, Sweethearts
As spring slowly makes its way here, many of us are excitedly planning (and attending) fun parties, showers, birthdays, weddings and other events. Many of us are looking for ways to make these occasions extra special for both us and our gracious guests.
At MyNecco.com, you can personalize two of our most beloved classic candies: Sweethearts and NECCO Wafers! You can choose your own custom names, sayings, dates, and other phrases to appear on these candies!
Custom NECCO candy will be the perfect favor for any event and will add a sweet personal touch that will be hard to forget and will surely have your guests buzzing over how special this token was!
The process is just four easy steps:
- Select which type of candy you want: NECCO Wafers or Sweethearts.
- Select which colors you want. We provide you a flavor guide, so you know how your treats will taste!
- Include your personal message.
- Select your quantity and order!
If you’re DIY focused or simply want to create something unique and special for your event, be sure to head over to MyNecco.com and place your order today to make it truly unforgettable!
Posted in MyNECCO
Tagged birthday, candy, crafting, custom candy, diy, DIY wedding, favors, gifts, love, MyNecco, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, personalize, personalized, Sweethearts, unique favors, wedding DIY, wedding favors
The season of love is upon us, and many of us are searching around for craft ideas which will help spread the loving spirit. Today we bring to you a quick DIY project that both you and your little ones will love, using our legendary Sweethearts candies! This craft is quick, easy and inexpensive to create! With a few supplies, you’ll be able to add a Sweet touch to your home for the Valentine’s Day season!
- Clear gel glue
- Sturdy 8”x11” picture frame with removable back
- Colored construction paper 8”x11” (optional)
- Sweethearts ®
- Remove the back of the picture frame and place aside. You can choose to reapply it later if you wish.
- Flip the picture frame so that the open back is facing upwards and the glass is exposed. It is often best to wipe the glass free of dust prior to gluing!
- Take your Sweethearts and place them in tight lines, forming your heart shape. Make sure the text side of each candy is also facing upward. This step helps you keep your shape and spacing even throughout the gluing process.
- Place a small drop of glue on the plain side of the Sweetheart. (Glue will cause the print to run, so it is best if the plain side is used.)
- Carefully push the Sweetheart onto the glass and hold firmly for 5-10 seconds. Try not to move the candy around on the glass. However, it is okay if the glue spreads a little as it will dry clear and unnoticeable.
- Repeat Step 4 & 5 for each Sweetheart you have lined up in the heart formation.
- You can replace the back with colored construction paper or simply opt to hang it with no back and have the paint on your wall show through.
- Enjoy your holiday décor!
Posted in Crafts, MyNECCO, Valentine's Day
Tagged candy, conversation hearts, crafting, diy, home, love, NECCO, new england confectionery company, Sweethearts, valentine s day, Valentine's Day
If you’re brave enough to host a Halloween party at your house, you know you must be prepared to deal with some of the messy consequences! We realize this and want to give you a fun, quick DIY project that will give you some added festive decor while also preventing some of the messy chaos that will surely ensue.
Today we show you how to whip up some NECCO Wafers coasters!! This simple craft will add a pop of Halloween color to your tables and help keep guests from leaving those dreaded rings on the coffee table! In no time you’ll have enough coasters to fill your living room for your spooky party and the possibility of creating more coasters with new colors as the seasons change!
- white (or black) card stock paper
- heavy duty glue stick/glue bottle
- extra decorative items like glitter
- Orange and Licorice (black) NECCO Wafers
- 16 per coaster (8 orange, 8 Licorice [black])
- Use the ruler to measure out a 4″ x 4″ square on the card stock paper.
- Cut out as many of these squares as you will be making coasters of. Note: the 4″ x 4″ is slightly larger than the space the NECCO Wafers will cover.
- Using the glue stick cover the card stock square. It is easiest to usually do this row by row as you place the NECCO Wafers so the glue does not dry too quickly.
- Beginning at the corner edge, cover the flat back side of the NECCO Wafer with the glue and place 4 of them in alternating colors. You will want to glue them down so that the edges are touching one another as this will help to add stability to the coaster.
- Continue row by row alternating the starting color so you create a checkered pattern.
- Trim the excess card stock around the edges with the scissors as you see fit.
- You can stop here if you’re satisfied or continue on decorating to the limits of your creative imagination!
- A great idea would be to add additional glue in the gaps between the NECCO Wafers and then sprinkle a little glitter. You want to be careful to keep the layer of glitter to a minimum so it sticks and won’t fly off onto your guests if moved.
- Enjoy your spooky gathering!! =)
We’re midway through October, and everyone has their sights set on Halloween. During these last two weeks of the months, many parents will be scrambling around planning last minute details of their children’s Halloween parties. They’ll be looking for any and every ghost, witch, zombie (and so on) themed accent to add to the celebration’s decor.
One of the least decorated spots is usually the candy/snack table, likely because the sweets will be gone before you even know it! However, we have a quick and simple craft to dress up one of your sweets for the party in a way that will surely get some smiles and laughs out of the little ones!
Get ready to make some Sky Bar Mummies! It will take you no time to fill your table with some mummified sweets and add the perfect touch to your Halloween celebration!
- Black construction paper
- box of small googly eyes
- white crepe paper/streamer that is thin in width
- glue stick
- Sky Bars
- Cut black construction paper into rectangles. Their width will be slightly less than that of the Sky Bar and approximately 1 inch in height.
- Using the glue stick, glue two googly eyes onto the black rectangle and let dry completely. Press down on the googly eyes to ensure the glue dries completely and securely.
- Position the Sky Bar so it is vertical, and then glue the paper with googly eyes onto the front of the Sky Bar. You will want to glue it approximately a quarter of the way down from the top of the bar.
- Cut a strip of white crepe paper to about 72 inches in length.
- Glue one end of the paper strip to the bottom of the Sky Bar. You can place it above the sealed flap.
- Wrap the paper strip around the Sky Bar until it is covered. Be sure to not wrap to tightly or the extremely delicate crepe paper will tear as you wrap/move the Sky Bar. Don’t forget to leave space for the googly eyes to poke out!
- Glue down the end of the strip once you’ve finished wrapping.
- Once the wrap is secure, if you choose, you can tuck back the edges surrounding the eyes so they are more visible.
- Repeat for the remaining Sky Bars.
- Have a spooky fun time!