The season of love is upon us, and many of us are searching around for craft ideas which will help spread the loving spirit. Today we bring to you a quick DIY project that both you and your little ones will love, using our legendary Sweethearts candies! This craft is quick, easy and inexpensive to create! With a few supplies, you’ll be able to add a Sweet touch to your home for the Valentine’s Day season!
- Clear gel glue
- Sturdy 8”x11” picture frame with removable back
- Colored construction paper 8”x11” (optional)
- Sweethearts ®
- Remove the back of the picture frame and place aside. You can choose to reapply it later if you wish.
- Flip the picture frame so that the open back is facing upwards and the glass is exposed. It is often best to wipe the glass free of dust prior to gluing!
- Take your Sweethearts and place them in tight lines, forming your heart shape. Make sure the text side of each candy is also facing upward. This step helps you keep your shape and spacing even throughout the gluing process.
- Place a small drop of glue on the plain side of the Sweetheart. (Glue will cause the print to run, so it is best if the plain side is used.)
- Carefully push the Sweetheart onto the glass and hold firmly for 5-10 seconds. Try not to move the candy around on the glass. However, it is okay if the glue spreads a little as it will dry clear and unnoticeable.
- Repeat Step 4 & 5 for each Sweetheart you have lined up in the heart formation.
- You can replace the back with colored construction paper or simply opt to hang it with no back and have the paint on your wall show through.
- Enjoy your holiday décor!