Halloween is a magical holiday for the little ones. It captivates their imagination and is filled with exciting activities and of course, candy. In celebration of this spooky season, we’ve created a quick fun craft that your kids will love using our most classic sweet: NECCO Wafers!
Grab a few supplies and get to making these cute little pumpkins and ghosts that your kids will love to hide in all corners of the house to scare and surprise everyone!
- Glue sticks
- Black permanent marker
- White construction or printer paper 8″x11″
- Orange construction paper 8″x11″
- Jr. NECCO Wafers (Make sure they’re Jr. sized, not full-sized. The smaller they are the more pumpkin & ghost-like they look!)
- Take one Jr. NECCO Wafer roll and size it length-wise on the orange construction paper. Leave at least ¾” additional paper for the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut the orange construction paper into a strip at the marked length in step 1. Cut as many strips as pumpkins that you’d like to make.
- Wrap the strip of orange construction paper around the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll and cut it so that it closes neatly with only a small overlap.
- Line up the paper so that one edge meets the edge of the roll. You will want the overhang on one end only so as to to twist and make your pumpkin top.
- Glue the orange strip to the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll using the glue stick. Glue the end of the strip to itself at the overlap to make sure it stays secure.
- Twist the overhang into a pumpkin top. (Freestyle!)
- Draw on your silly jack-0-lantern face!
- Cut the white paper into long thin strips about ½” thick. These will be your Mummy wrappings. Cut as many as you’d like. Each Mummy should only require one strip.
- Place glue on one end of the strip and secure to the bottom edge of the Jr. NECCO Wafer roll. Wrap the strip around the roll in an uneven fashion, aiming to look like a Mummy’s wraps.
- Glue the other end of the strip to the roll. It does not need to be glued throughout as the moving loose strip in the middle makes it more Mummy-like!
- Draw on your best eery Mummy face!
- Get to spookin’! =)
Posted in Crafts, Halloween
Tagged Boston, candy, crafting, crafts with kids, diy, ghosts, Halloween, Halloween Candy, Halloween crafts, holidays, jack o lanterns, mummys, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, nostalgia, pumpkins
Monday evening, NECCO had the pleasure of appearing as one of the select few vendors at EMARC’s 18th Annual Tucker Gala held at the lovely Peabody Marriot! EMARC is a wonderful charity organization which provides programs and support to both people with developmental disabilities and also their families. They strive to empower these individuals and help them build better lives.
We were extremely fortunate to have been invited to have a table right outside the ballroom at the event. Alongside many other local Massachusetts companies, we served treats to all of the wonderful attendees throughout the evening.
We brought a mix of our many candies, from Sky Bar to Slap Stix to NECCO Wafers and most everything in between! Throughout the night, the guests shared wonderful stories about their lifetime experiences with NECCO candies. It was a pleasure to be greeted frequently with bright smiles and happy memories!
While we reminded guests that we proudly still make all of their childhood favorites like Mary Janes and Candy Buttons, we also took this time to introduce some new NECCO initiatives!
To satisfy each attendee’s sweet tooth, we brought along one of our newest candies: Tropical NECCO Wafers. It was so great to see the excitement that the not-yet-released candy created as guests reacted to the bold, fruity flavors. We even had several repeat customers come back to our table for a second [and third ] sample! We cannot wait for all of our fans to get to try them soon!
In addition to our Tropical NECCO Wafers, we also brought along some samples of our classic assorted NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts… but with a catch. =) These particular candies had some extra special text printed on them, such as “Tucker Gala” and “Emarc,” to display our newest venture: customized candies!! In one week, on November 12th, we will be launching a new web-store exclusively for customizing NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts with both print and some imagery: a perfect gift for so many occasions. More info will be released soon; we are very excited!
Again, we were so happy to participate in EMARC’s Tucker Gala, a time honored tradition which benefits such a wonderful organization that positively impacts our community through its hard work and caring initiatives. We are fortunate to have a relationship with this organization, and we are looking forward to the future!
Posted in Events
Tagged Banana Splits, Clark Bar, custom candy, EMARC, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, nostalgia, Sky Bar, Slap Stix, Tropical NECCO Wafers, Tucker Gala