Monday evening, NECCO had the pleasure of appearing as one of the select few vendors at EMARC’s 18th Annual Tucker Gala held at the lovely Peabody Marriot! EMARC is a wonderful charity organization which provides programs and support to both people with developmental disabilities and also their families. They strive to empower these individuals and help them build better lives.
We were extremely fortunate to have been invited to have a table right outside the ballroom at the event. Alongside many other local Massachusetts companies, we served treats to all of the wonderful attendees throughout the evening.
We brought a mix of our many candies, from Sky Bar to Slap Stix to NECCO Wafers and most everything in between! Throughout the night, the guests shared wonderful stories about their lifetime experiences with NECCO candies. It was a pleasure to be greeted frequently with bright smiles and happy memories!
While we reminded guests that we proudly still make all of their childhood favorites like Mary Janes and Candy Buttons, we also took this time to introduce some new NECCO initiatives!
To satisfy each attendee’s sweet tooth, we brought along one of our newest candies: Tropical NECCO Wafers. It was so great to see the excitement that the not-yet-released candy created as guests reacted to the bold, fruity flavors. We even had several repeat customers come back to our table for a second [and third ] sample! We cannot wait for all of our fans to get to try them soon!
In addition to our Tropical NECCO Wafers, we also brought along some samples of our classic assorted NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts… but with a catch. =) These particular candies had some extra special text printed on them, such as “Tucker Gala” and “Emarc,” to display our newest venture: customized candies!! In one week, on November 12th, we will be launching a new web-store exclusively for customizing NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts with both print and some imagery: a perfect gift for so many occasions. More info will be released soon; we are very excited!
Again, we were so happy to participate in EMARC’s Tucker Gala, a time honored tradition which benefits such a wonderful organization that positively impacts our community through its hard work and caring initiatives. We are fortunate to have a relationship with this organization, and we are looking forward to the future!
Posted in Events
Tagged Banana Splits, Clark Bar, custom candy, EMARC, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, nostalgia, Sky Bar, Slap Stix, Tropical NECCO Wafers, Tucker Gala
We’re midway through October, and everyone has their sights set on Halloween. During these last two weeks of the months, many parents will be scrambling around planning last minute details of their children’s Halloween parties. They’ll be looking for any and every ghost, witch, zombie (and so on) themed accent to add to the celebration’s decor.
One of the least decorated spots is usually the candy/snack table, likely because the sweets will be gone before you even know it! However, we have a quick and simple craft to dress up one of your sweets for the party in a way that will surely get some smiles and laughs out of the little ones!
Get ready to make some Sky Bar Mummies! It will take you no time to fill your table with some mummified sweets and add the perfect touch to your Halloween celebration!
- Black construction paper
- box of small googly eyes
- white crepe paper/streamer that is thin in width
- glue stick
- Sky Bars
- Cut black construction paper into rectangles. Their width will be slightly less than that of the Sky Bar and approximately 1 inch in height.
- Using the glue stick, glue two googly eyes onto the black rectangle and let dry completely. Press down on the googly eyes to ensure the glue dries completely and securely.
- Position the Sky Bar so it is vertical, and then glue the paper with googly eyes onto the front of the Sky Bar. You will want to glue it approximately a quarter of the way down from the top of the bar.
- Cut a strip of white crepe paper to about 72 inches in length.
- Glue one end of the paper strip to the bottom of the Sky Bar. You can place it above the sealed flap.
- Wrap the paper strip around the Sky Bar until it is covered. Be sure to not wrap to tightly or the extremely delicate crepe paper will tear as you wrap/move the Sky Bar. Don’t forget to leave space for the googly eyes to poke out!
- Glue down the end of the strip once you’ve finished wrapping.
- Once the wrap is secure, if you choose, you can tuck back the edges surrounding the eyes so they are more visible.
- Repeat for the remaining Sky Bars.
- Have a spooky fun time!