Last week, NECCO attended the annual Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago. In attendance were hundreds of confectionery and snacking companies from across the country and the world. Companies set up booths and exhibited their product lines, helping to educate others in the industry.
In 2013, NECCO debuted a brand new booth that showcased all of their classic candies such as NECCO Wafers, Sweethearts, Sky Bar, Mary Jane, Haviland Thin Mints, Clark Bar, Candy Buttons and more! (Check out Necco.com for our full product line!) Each towering kiosk highlighted NECCO’s widespread product line and production capabilities.
Also featured within the booth was a display of NECCO’s proud, storied history. With artifacts such as an authentic early 20th century era Clark Bar or a sales ledger from 1901 as well as a plethora of important milestone photographs, the crowd was abuzz when they visited this kiosk. Guests walking by studied the shelves, took photos and pulled others over to take a glance. This kiosk, which so wonderfully showcased our passion and innovation over our 166 years of existence, was a fan (and company) favorite.
In addition to their display of their classic sweets, NECCO also unveiled three new products which will appear in the upcoming year, including Tropical NECCO Wafers, which has just hit the store shelves!
Attendees were able to sample some of NECCO’s candies as they learned about the extensive history, product line and production capabilities of this classic American candy maker. The Sweets and Snacks Expo was undoubtedly a great experience for all!
Posted in Events
Tagged candy, chicago, events, NCA, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, Sweethearts, sweets and snacks, trade show, Tropical NECCO Wafers
Want to make this Mother’s Day extra special? Give your mom a sweet surprise this year with personalized candy at MyNecco.com!
You can personalize both NECCO Wafers and Sweethearts with your own text! You can include your mom’s name, an expression of love & appreciation or a personal message that is commemorates your special relationship.
Skip the potted plants, the gift cards, the generic candles and the bottle of questionable perfume and get her something unique this year! Express your love and heartfelt appreciation with a personal gift that she will never forget! [And will enjoy indulging on too! ]
Posted in Mother's Day, MyNECCO
Tagged custom candy, diy, gift for mom, gifting, gifts, holidays, love, mom, mom's day, Mother's Day, MyNecco, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, personalize, personalized, Sweethearts
As spring slowly makes its way here, many of us are excitedly planning (and attending) fun parties, showers, birthdays, weddings and other events. Many of us are looking for ways to make these occasions extra special for both us and our gracious guests.
At MyNecco.com, you can personalize two of our most beloved classic candies: Sweethearts and NECCO Wafers! You can choose your own custom names, sayings, dates, and other phrases to appear on these candies!
Custom NECCO candy will be the perfect favor for any event and will add a sweet personal touch that will be hard to forget and will surely have your guests buzzing over how special this token was!
The process is just four easy steps:
- Select which type of candy you want: NECCO Wafers or Sweethearts.
- Select which colors you want. We provide you a flavor guide, so you know how your treats will taste!
- Include your personal message.
- Select your quantity and order!
If you’re DIY focused or simply want to create something unique and special for your event, be sure to head over to MyNecco.com and place your order today to make it truly unforgettable!
Posted in MyNECCO
Tagged birthday, candy, crafting, custom candy, diy, DIY wedding, favors, gifts, love, MyNecco, NECCO, necco wafers, new england confectionery company, personalize, personalized, Sweethearts, unique favors, wedding DIY, wedding favors
Today, Thursday 1/31, marks the final day to get your order in for personalized Sweethearts or NECCO Wafers at MyNecco.com in order for shipment in time for Valentine’s Day!
Ordering is quick and easy with four simple steps:
- Select your candy type (either Sweethearts or NECCO Wafers).
- Select the colors you want.
- Enter in your personalized message on the template.
- Select your quantity and place the order!
Imagine your phrase, name, date, or other personal message on a Sweetheart! It’ll be a touching gift that shows your special someone how important they are to you! Be sure to get your order in on time and get ready for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day with your sweetie!
Posted in MyNECCO, Valentine's Day
Tagged candy, conversation hearts, custom candy, favors, food, gifting, gifts, holidays, love, MyNecco, NECCO, new england confectionery company, personalize, personalized, relationship, shopping, style, Sweethearts, sweetie, Valentine, Valentine's Day
During this loving season, many of us are looking for treats to make our celebration with our loved ones extra special. With a quick and easy no-bake recipe, Sweethearts Bark will satisfy both the sugar and chocolate lover! This sweet snack is great for the creative baker and will be perfect to indulge upon yourself or to surprise your sweetie this Valentine’s Day season!
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Red food coloring
- Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles (optional)
- Sweethearts ®
- Medium sauce pan
- Parchment paper
- Flat baking sheet
- Two (2) large glass mixing bowls
- Line your baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- Fill the sauce pan with water in the medium sauce pan to a slight boil over medium heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, pour the semisweet chocolate chips into one of the mixing bowls. Place this bowl over the boiling pan to create a double boiler.
- The chocolate begins to melt rapidly, so begin stirring instantly after placing the glass bowl over the sauce pan to prevent burning.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove the bowl from the sauce pan. Pour this melted mixture onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet trying to keep an even layer throughout.
- Place this layer into the refrigerator for 30 mins-1 hour to allow the chocolate to set. Remove from the refrigerator after this time, so the surface can become tacky and allow the two chocolate layers to stick to one another.
- Bring the water in the sauce pan to a boil again, and fill the second mixing bowl with the white chocolate chips. Turn the heat down and begin stirring instantly as white chocolate is more likely to seize up if heated too quickly at high temperatures.
- Once the white chocolate is melted and smooth, remove the bowl from the pan and add 2-3 drops of red food coloring. Stir thoroughly to spread the color throughout until it is a light pink. Too much food coloring will cause the white chocolate to seize and clump.
- Pour this melted white chocolate onto the chocolate layer on the parchment paper.
- Quickly press in Sweethearts in any manner throughout this top layer and add any additional Valentine’s Day baking sprinkles you desire.
- Place the entire baking sheet back into the refrigerator for both layers to set completely for at least one hour. It is often best to leave it overnight.
- You will know when the chocolate has set as it will peel itself completely from the wax paper. Once this occurs, you can break the bark into as many pieces and different shapes as you like!
Posted in Recipes, Valentine's Day
Tagged baking, candy, chocolate, chocolate layers, conversation hearts, dessert, family, food, NECCO, new england confectionery company, sweet snack, Sweethearts, sweets, white chocolate
The season of love is upon us, and many of us are searching around for craft ideas which will help spread the loving spirit. Today we bring to you a quick DIY project that both you and your little ones will love, using our legendary Sweethearts candies! This craft is quick, easy and inexpensive to create! With a few supplies, you’ll be able to add a Sweet touch to your home for the Valentine’s Day season!
- Clear gel glue
- Sturdy 8”x11” picture frame with removable back
- Colored construction paper 8”x11” (optional)
- Sweethearts ®
- Remove the back of the picture frame and place aside. You can choose to reapply it later if you wish.
- Flip the picture frame so that the open back is facing upwards and the glass is exposed. It is often best to wipe the glass free of dust prior to gluing!
- Take your Sweethearts and place them in tight lines, forming your heart shape. Make sure the text side of each candy is also facing upward. This step helps you keep your shape and spacing even throughout the gluing process.
- Place a small drop of glue on the plain side of the Sweetheart. (Glue will cause the print to run, so it is best if the plain side is used.)
- Carefully push the Sweetheart onto the glass and hold firmly for 5-10 seconds. Try not to move the candy around on the glass. However, it is okay if the glue spreads a little as it will dry clear and unnoticeable.
- Repeat Step 4 & 5 for each Sweetheart you have lined up in the heart formation.
- You can replace the back with colored construction paper or simply opt to hang it with no back and have the paint on your wall show through.
- Enjoy your holiday décor!
Posted in Crafts, MyNECCO, Valentine's Day
Tagged candy, conversation hearts, crafting, diy, home, love, NECCO, new england confectionery company, Sweethearts, valentine s day, Valentine's Day